WORK WITH US – CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Higher Ground is built on a foundation of treating our people fairly and respectfully while holding them accountable as responsible Professionals. We find this mentality creates a culture of accountability and empowerment with our engineers and scientists. If you’re tired of a work environment lacking this approach, we may have the position for you.
Higher Ground Consulting is a growing team of professionals that offer an enjoyable, dynamic and flexible work environment with opportunities to be exposed to a large variety of projects, membership, support, and competitive compensation. Above all else, we offer the follow-through on the commitments we make to you. We look to work with people that appreciate this and strive to do the same.
At Higher Ground Consulting we make room for the right people that enhance our team. Below are our high-need positions that we have identified and are actively looking to fill; however, if you are a motivated professional with the right experience, we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in any of the positions below, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining a little about yourself while attaching your resume.
Higher Ground Consulting is currently seeking an intermediate level Hydrotechnical Engineer. As a hydrotechnical engineer with Higher Ground Consulting (HGC) you will help lead the development and execution of hydrotechnical engineering services to support HGC’s ongoing projects and clients. The successful applicant will provide and manage the development and execution of hydrotechnical engineering analysis and design to support various civil heavy earthworks projects including water storage dams, river intakes, earthen containment ponds, pipelines and industrial surface water management infrastructure. The successful candidate will have the initiative and accountability to work independently and with a team in a rewarding, fast paced environment.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Project Management, including project initiation, coordination and execution
- Assisting in Water Resources Business Development
- Mentoring junior water engineers
- Hydrotechnical design and analysis including (but not limited to) hydrologic modelling, hydraulics design and modelling, erosion and sediment control, flood analysis and mitigation design and river engineering
- Reporting and technical writing
- Site inspection and supervision
- Hydrotechnical or Civil engineering degree
- Registered as, or ability to immediately register as, a P.Eng. in Alberta
- Computer and software skills to complete hydraulic analysis, including HEC-RAS and HEC-HMS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential
- Applicant must be willing to travel and be in the field as required on a project needs basis
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be legally entitled to work in Canada
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with the design, operation and inspection of earthen dams
- Experience with conducting and reviewing dam break analysis
- Experience with flood inundation mapping
- Involvement with the Canadian Dam Association
- Experience with the design and construction of large civil earthworks projects
- Experience in open pit mine surface water management
- Experience in environmental sciences
Higher Ground Consulting is a full service EPCM company that specializes in civil projects. HGC is made up of a dedicated team of professionals trained and experienced in project management, engineering and design. The leadership team has spent almost their entire collective careers working in the Oil and Gas industry in Western Canada in a wide variety of roles.
Higher Ground Consulting (HGC) is a consulting company that specializes in earth, water and waste projects. HGC is made up of a dedicated team of professionals trained and experienced in project management, environmental science, engineering and design. The leadership team has spent almost their entire collective careers working in the Resource industry in Western Canada in a wide variety of roles.
The HGC work environment is dynamic and provides flexible hours. HGC’s head office is downtown, two blocks from the Bow River and bike path system.