Higher Ground Consulting (HGC) is seeking an Intermediate to Senior Geotechnical Engineer to anchor our Fort St. John office and help lead the development and execution of geotechnical engineering services to support HGC’s ongoing projects and clients. The successful applicant will provide and manage the development and execution of geotechnical site investigations, engineering analysis and design to support various civil heavy earthworks projects including water storage dams, earthen containment ponds, pipelines, and industrial infrastructure. The successful candidate will have the initiative and accountability to work independently and with our team in a rewarding, fast paced environment, and will have an opportunity to join the HGC Management Team.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Project management, including project initiation, coordination, and execution
- Assisting in business development
- Mentoring and managing intermediate and junior engineers
- Planning, overseeing and executing geotechnical site investigations
- Conducting site inspections
- Geotechnical design and analysis including (but not limited to) soil and rock engineering, soil dynamics, slope stability, and foundations
- Reporting and technical writing
- Site inspection and supervision
- Geotechnical or Civil engineering degree
- Registered as, or the ability to immediately register as, a P.Eng. in British Columbia
- Computer and software skills to complete geotechnical analysis, including GeoStudio, LPile, APile, Settle3D
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential
- Applicant must be willing to travel and be in the field as required on a project needs basis
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be legally entitled to work in Canada
The following would be considered an asset:
- Graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering
- Exposure to large civil earthworks construction projects
- Experience with the design, operation, and inspection of earthen dams
This position will be based in our Fort St. John, BC office.
Higher Ground Consulting offers a complete compensation package including competitive salary, health benefits, cell phone, and company vehicle.
Higher Ground Consulting is a full service, employee owned EPCM company that specializes in earth, water and environmental projects. HGC is made up of a dedicated team of professionals trained and experienced in project management, engineering, and design. The leadership team has spent almost their entire collective careers working in the Western Canadian Energy industry in a wide variety of roles.
Interested candidates are asked to email a current cover letter and resume to email@example.com.