Higher Ground Consulting is a growing team of professionals that offer an enjoyable and flexible work environment. We offer an exciting and dynamic work place with opportunities to be exposed to a large variety of work, membership, support, and competitive compensation. Above all else, what we offer is the follow through on the commitments we make to you. We look to work with people that appreciate this and are willing to do the same.
At Higher Ground Consulting, there is room to add the right people to enhance our team. Below are our high need positions that we have identified and are actively looking to fill; however, if you are a motivated professional with the right experience we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in any of the positions below, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining a little about yourself and attach your resume.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
As a geotechnical engineer with Higher Ground Consulting (HGC) you will help lead the development and execution of geotechnical programs to support our engineering services for various civil heavy earthworks projects
Higher Ground Consulting is seeking a high level intermediate to senior level Geotechnical Engineer. The successful applicant will provide and manage the development and execution of geotechnical programs to support engineering services for various civil heavy earthworks projects including dams, pipelines, export terminals, earthen containment ponds, landfills, roads, foundations and miscellaneous infrastructure. The successful candidate will have the initiative and accountability to work independently and with a team in a rewarding, fast paced environment.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Project Management, including project initiation, coordination and execution
- Designing and overseeing geotechnical site investigations
- Groundwater monitoring, well and slope inclinometer installations
- Geotechnical design and analysis including (but not limited to) soil and rock engineering, soil dynamics, slope stability and foundations
- Reporting and technical writing
- Site inspection and supervision
- Geotechnical or Civil engineering degree
- Registered or immediately eligible to register as a P.Eng. with APEGA
- Minimum of 8-years’ experience
- Applicant must be willing to travel and be in the field as required on a project needs basis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential
- Experience with standard geotechnical analysis software
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be legally entitled to work in Canada
In addition to the above, the following would be considered an asset:
- A graduate level degree in geotechnical engineering
- Experience with large civil earthworks construction projects
- Experience with trenchless pipelines installation projects
Higher Ground Consulting (HGC) is a full service EPCM company that specializes in civil and geotechnical engineering projects. HGC is made up of a dedicated team of professionals trained and experienced in project management, engineering and design. The leadership team has spent almost their entire collective careers working in the Oil and Gas industry in Western Canada in a wide variety of roles.
If you are interested in any of the positions above, please send an email to email@example.com explaining a little about yourself and attach your resume.