Higher Ground Consulting (HGC) is seeking a Project Engineer to join our growing renewable energy team in our Calgary, Alberta office. The successful candidate will work throughout the lifecycle of projects from initiation to design to construction. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, working on various projects while receiving training and mentoring from HGC’s Senior Project Managers. Reporting to the Project Manager (PM), the Project Engineer (PE) will assist the PM in managing engineering deliverables for assigned projects, including estimation, planning/scheduling, progress reporting, and coordination with various disciplines.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Project initiation
- Preparing project plans, including the project execution plans (PEP) and design basis memorandums (DBM)
- Ensuring the quality of drawings, models and other design reviews
- Coordinating Construction Work Packages (CWPs), trends, scope changes,
- Ongoing project tracking, including measuring deliverable progress against schedule and budget targets
- Project reporting
- A post-secondary degree in Engineering, with preference to civil or electrical engineering.
- Registration or immediate ability to register as a Professional Engineer or Engineer-In-Training with APEGA.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and multi-tasking.
- Creative, strategic, forward thinking mindset.
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines.
This position will be based in our Calgary, Alberta head office. Higher Ground Consulting offers a complete compensation package including competitive salary, health benefits and mobile phone allowance.
Higher Ground Consulting is a full service EPCM company, made up of a dedicated team of professionals trained and experienced in project management, engineering, and design.
Interested candidates are asked to email a current cover letter and resume to email@example.com.